Applications available to download here.
POSITION: BANQUET CAPTAIN
Position Purpose: Creates memorable member/guest moments while coordinating banquet functions.
Reports To: Banquet Manager, Assistant Banquet Manager, or Other Department Manager or Director
Salary: $10.00 per hour + Banquet gratuities
- Reviews assigned banquet staff functions, banquet menus prior to the scheduled event.
- Conducts pre-banquet meetings with staff to: ensure appearance and hygiene standards are met; assign stations and partners; and review banquet event orders.
- Ensures that changes and further instructions are made in a timely manner.
- Ensures that appropriate quantities of china, glassware, silverware, linens, and other items are available for upcoming events. Secure requisitions for items not available in inventory.
- Checks room set-up prior to event and meets with Banquet Chef to confirm quantities of food items and timing of food leaving the kitchen.
- Ensures proper safe handling of all equipment (i.e. china, glassware, silverware, linen, and props) and their proper storage after use.
- Conducts random audits during functions to evaluate food and service. Ensures that: food is served at appropriate temperature; food is placed properly on the table; sufficient food is available; and up-sell opportunities are met.
- Regularly reviews banquet schedule for changes, calendar of events, and special events.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Performs other duties as required.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must meet state age requirements for handling alcoholic beverages.
Frequently stands, walks, talks, hears, and uses hands to finger, handle or feel. Regularly reaches with hands and arms. Occasionally climbs, balances, stoops, kneels, crawls, crouches; tastes, smells and sits. Frequently lifts up to 25 pounds. Occasionally may lift up to 50 pounds.
Occasionally works in outdoor weather conditions. Noise level is moderate.
Certificates / Licenses:
ServSafe Certified Food Manager (Food & Alcohol) or TIPS equivalent
Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Preferences:
- Ability to read and speak English may be required in order to perform the duties of the job (e.g. the associates may be required to communicate with English speaking customers or co-workers, the manuals for the equipment the associates may use are in English).
- Knowledge of Microsoft office applications and POS system.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.