Careers & Employment
|February 14, 2017
|10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
|Sandia Resort & Casino
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
(as of 01/01/17)
Experience & Qualifications:
- The ability to hire, train, motivate, organize, discipline, direct and supervise the work of Banquet Staff.
- Assists with completion of weekly schedules as necessary to ensure adequate and consistent levels of service.
- Will open and close day-to-day operation, checking each banquet room for proper set up 30 minutes before group arrives.
- Greets Group Contact upon arrival and checks back periodically during the function.
- Is expected in the room for 30 minutes prior to function to greet guests as they arrive, monitor service standards during function and/or help with service as needed.
- Understands all paperwork, cash bar procedures, and Banquet Event Orders.
- Is responsible at the conclusion of events to ensure that the facility is returned immediately to a clean, orderly and secured condition.
- Assists team in developing lasting relationships with groups to retain business and increase growth.
- Inspect grooming and attire of staff; rectify any deficiencies.
- Leads shifts, coordinates functions with service staff and actively participates in the servicing of events.
- Assists in projecting supply needs, such as linen ordering, and liquor and beverage ordering.
- Ensures equipment and meeting space are in top condition.
- Oversees cleanliness, attractiveness and layout of all functions to ensure that all events are set according to banquet event order and meet departmental standards.
- Understands the impact of Banquet operations on the overall success of an event and manages activities to maximize customer satisfaction or resolve customer complaints.
- Always adheres to billing polices and that banquet checks are posted to the respective revenue account.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 plus years of previous Banquet experience in hotel setting is desirable.
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- High School Degree or Equivalent; Some College Preferred with focus in hospitality or related field.
- One (1) year of banquet supervisory experience.
- Ability to multi-task and learn quickly
- Able to work under pressure and problem solve quickly
- Excellent time management skills
- Computer skills required.
- Must have or obtain required local and state license certifications (e.g., alcohol certification).
- Must be able to perform basic math functions.
- Availability to work evening, weekends and holidays.
Health; Dental; Life insurance; 401(k); PTO; Golf privileges
Please email a cover letter, salary requirements and your resume for consideration: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to leave an application on file, please feel free to download one here
and send it to email@example.com